Explore the cultural tapestry of Évora, capital of the province of Alentejo, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Passing through a rustic landscape of olive and cork trees, journey 81 miles (130 km) south of Lisbon to reach the outer vineyards of this well-preserved treasure.
Walk through the whitewashed Old Town to visit Évora most famous landmark, the Roman Temple. Its large Corinthian columns date back to the first century, the era of Emperor Augustus. Another breathtaking stop will be the Cathedral of Évora, one of the most important Gothic monuments in Portugal. Then head to Saint Francis Church with the “Bones Chapel”, or Capela dos Ossos, which is completely decorated with human bones.
Don’t miss the University of Évora, a former Jesuit college built by Cardinal-King Henrique in 1559. Afterwards, stroll through Évora market to admire the colorful and tasty ingredients used to create some of the Portugal's most marvelous dishes.
In the afternoon, head to the Herdade do Esporão (near Reguengos de Monsaraz) to visit an important wine cellar in Portugal.
– Maximum of 4 participants per tour
– Children must be accompanied by an adult
– Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please let us know if you have children and their ages. This service does not have any additional cost.
– Baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts- Printed voucher accepted
- Instant confirmation
- Pick-up service Pickup in central Lisbon is included (hotel, airport or cruise terminal). Please inform us about the location.
- Private tour- Driver/guide
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Bottled water and cleaning wipes
- Hotel pick-up and drop off for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal or Lisbon airport
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Oversize luggage
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes