Come and submerge yourself in the sacred. Start from Lisbon on a half-day tour to Fatima, a rural region that was completely unknown before the happenings of 1917. Three young children, shepherds that used to take their sheep to Iria Valley, near Fatima village, witnessed the apparition of the Virgin Mary for the first time on the 13th of May 1917. After that, the apparitions took place every months, on the 13th of every month, until October of 1917. On this last apparition about 70000 pilgrims witnessed a miracle, when the sun seemed to move in circles. The young shepherds said that the Virgin Mary told them that Humanity should pray everyday for peace and for the conversion of the sinners.
Visit, in addition to the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary, the Chapel of the Lausperene, a great oak tree (near which the Marian Apparitions occurred), a monument to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Chapel of the Apparitions, where three children Lucia Santos and her cousins, Jacinta and Francisco Marto, were first visited by Mary.
Take this private tour with a driver/guide that will pick you up at your hotel and will guide you all the time.
– Maximum of 4 participants per tour
– Children must be accompanied by an adult
– Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking. Portuguese law stipulates that children under 12 years of age and 135 cm in height, when transported in a car with safety belts, must travel in an approved restraint system adapted to their size and weight. Please let us know if you have children and their ages. This service does not have any additional cost.
– Baggage is limited to one standard suitcase and a small carry-on bag per person.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
- Duration 5 hours
- Printed voucher accepted
- Instant confirmation
- Pick-up service Pickup in central Lisbon is included (hotel, airport or cruise terminal). Please inform us about the location.
- Private tour- Driver/guide
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Bottled water and cleaning wipes
- Hotel pick-up and drop off for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal or Lisbon airport
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Oversize luggage
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes